Monday, August 24, 2009

The muscle woman

I have to tell you a funny story. I got an eliptical trainer at Costco and 4 guys helped to put it in my SUV. It weiges 250 lbs. When I got home, I decided to at least see if I could get it out of the SUV and then John, due home in the evening, could help me move it inside. Well, let's just say that when I had it at the edge of the truck and it tilted, I realized that perhaps I was not as strong as the 4 people combined.... However, there was no way to put it back. So then I thought, what if I open the box and take some stuff out. As soon as I opened the box, the total shape and support dissappeared and so I had a real challenge on my hands. (several bruises to prove it!) A lot of shoving, pushing and sweating helped to take those pieces I could lift inside. The final piece, at least 200 lbs, was a problem. I found some funny wheely things amidst John's stuff and managed to get them under the heavy big piece and with more sweating, shoving and pushing and an hour and a half late I managed to get it inside. Then it had to be assembled. Another 4 hours later and 3 screws missing and John came home to find the entire piece together as if nothing happened. (other than me being exhausted, in no need of exercise for the day, and a big grin on my face.) I am the muscle woman :)

2 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

I wish I had been there to witness that! Then again, I would have been pressed into service and it wouldn't have been such a feat! Bravo. My hero.

Irene said...

And they say we are the weaker sex. HUH!

Post a Comment