Monday, January 3, 2011

I receive Beading Daily, a free online newsletter from Interweave press. Today, the editor Kristal Wick wrote this and let's just say I could have written this! "When it comes to the world of creativity, are you schizophrenic like me? I started down the artistic path eons ago in stained glass, then moved into pottery, fused-glass jewelry, silk painting, and fabric embellishment, and I'm now hanging my beady hat in this wonderful world of jewelry. Each little creative part of my personality fights in a constant internal battle to win moments of my time to spend time making "their" form of art".
While I didn't start with stained glass or pottery, I did gravitate from my first obsession of stamps and paper, to jewelry. But I constantly find myself attracted to other media and forms and seem to be all over the map! So much so lately, that I end up pretty much doing nothing other than reading and imagining what I could be doing. Starting my Master's program again next week won't help much! Oh well, nothing really depends on it and I'll just make time wherever I can. (Although that is where the problem is....). I am starting by rearranging my space and sorting stuff. So far it has just made me sneeze from all the dust I am stirring up. I am waiting for the dust to settle, for time to stand still and for creative impulses to become reality! Any advice? Feel free to share it!!

2 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

You see, this is where my age comes into play. I actually did do pottery and stained glass. I even studied ballet with a Russian ballerina in Princeton and refined my pointe shoes. I tied-dyed and burned bras and lived all over the world and I'm still living the mad life. Ain't it WONDERFUL??? You are the most creative person I know, and, you do so much! Give in, you won't win, the "stuff" will get you every time:)
Good luck with your studies and all your new ventures at the beginning of the new decade! Create!

Karen said...

Thanks for your kind words Leslie. It is all a matter of time... You make me laugh with the Ballet. I too did ballet and actually loved it. Hmmm, maybe I should try that again?

Post a Comment