Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The sandwich generation

Well, we are in the throws of assisting several elderly people, in the little cottage community we go to with their issues associated with getting older. A colleague of mine wrote her thesis and the tile was: Aging Garcefully. I love that, because I think that is what it is all about. We all want to keep our dignity and stay in our own trusted and comfortable environment. It is a tough world when you are in that state and the system just doesn't quite get it. In my on-line course the majority of nurses are from the US. Let's just say I am glad we are in Canada. It is another world there and one that is terrifying if you are marginalized. In the mean time. Enjoy life while you are at it. ( this picture if of my 50th birthday with everyone there dressed up in the Duthc royal colours...) It is a beautiful world and time is just so fast. And if you need help, call me :)

1 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

What a lovely group of people. Happy Birthday! We must get together and eat cake some day soon.

Post a Comment